Saturday, August 17, 2019

Capstone Adventures: Part 11

I was told that a desktop gui app is far more complicated than a web app, and also that I probably should have read the goat book and looked into Django (would have been nice to know that a month ago).

This is the kind of thing a mentor should be able to give advice about. I've been teaching mine about the course more than he's been teaching me. He has no clue what he's on about half the time and when I do ask him a question, I do so in the hopes that he asks someone for me because he has access to the graders --even though he rarely thinks to use that resource.

If you're not willing to learn about the course you are tasked to instruct, you probably shouldn't be an instructor for that course. The bar for this one is way too low for our capstone, WGU. My mentor didn't know what data cleaning was. Can looking up all the terms on the rubric be a minimum requirement for being a capstone instructor?

Anyway, back to work. I will work on this until I hear back about my extension. If I don't get it, I'll stop to read a few books, then build the app on a few different platforms so I can report on the various needs and methods for taking on the different approaches. You guys can get the diploma in my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment