Thursday, May 16, 2019

C188 Software Engineering

This class was a lesson in procrastination. I came up with the 5 requirements and picked a CRM. Then the project sat for a week (I had meetings after work that week). By the time I got back to it I finished in two days.

I went about this one backward. I picked a CRM first, then I found the requirements that it met. Around that time I built a scenario around why those requirements would be needed. I wrote up unit tests next. Then I worked on the introduction, scope, etc. Of course the last thing I did were the visuals ... I need to take a serious course in data visualization sometime.

One thing I wanted to note about performance assessments in general. There is some leeway when it comes to working with the scenario given. As long as what you're writing doesn't explicitly contradict the scenario, you can make assumptions to help argue a point. For instance, you can say that documentation is important to a company or that documentation is not important to a company and both assumptions would be accepted (just don't claim both in the same paper, lol).

I keep going back and forth between wanting to finish the degree or just withdrawing at the end of my term. I'll keep considering my options. I can't figure out if I'm more likely to get accepted into the math program if I finish it or if I withdraw from the program, lol. I wish they'd tell me what they want. I just want to study math.

I also want to help figure out a way to teach advanced math to visually impaired students. My current path is B.S. Computer Science to B.S. Math Ed to M.S. Computer Science to M.S. Special Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment