Saturday, November 24, 2018

C949 Data Structures and Algorithms I and C960 Discrete Mathematics II

I had to complete C949 Data Structures and Algorithms I in my quest to find the other side of C960 Discrete Math II. On the way, I ran into Jay Wengrow's Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms and Harvard's CS50 course. I highly recommend both for anyone dipping their toes into Computer Science. Things would be different had I been able to go through those first. But once I managed to collect all the pieces missing from the C960 book, I was able to crush it with a final score of 82%.

I'm taking a three-month term break now. I have to learn to program so I can stop having to play catch-up all the time. At least this way I can do it without having to pay WGU tuition.

I am thankful for my term break. I really needed it!


3 comments:

  1. Did they explain to you every step required to return to WGU after a break? You may find it not worth the break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "During the last month of your break, you will receive email notification that your Term Break is ending soon. Please reply to that email to confirm your return."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confirmed, all I had to do was respond to an email and pay tuition. If you take longer than 3 months the process would require much more than that.

    ReplyDelete